Tuesday, November 27, 2012

R&R Strikes Again!


My apartment is, shall we say, quirky. The prior tenants were fond of getting drunk and punching holes in the walls and ripping the kitchen cabinets down. (Seriously - every single door had a hole in it.) The landlords made a lot of repairs before I moved in, but we keep finding new things that need maintenance. A heavy wind blew all the insulation out from under the house, and my pipes froze two weeks ago. The pump that brings fuel into the house had a leak and a loose switch that was propped up with a folded-up piece of paper. Those issues have both been fixed, but the heater upstairs has been on the fritz for awhile. The property manager finally figured out why. This is what he pulled out of the heater's fan:

Please note the Carhartt logo on his jacket.

That, my friends, is what my family used to call a "blooper." It is the top of an R&R bottle - the stopper that makes the liquor come out more slowly, in "bloops." It was jamming up the fan on my heater, which is now purring like a kitten, keeping my upstairs toasty warm, sans blooper.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Dr. Herrmann, medicine woman. Never had any idea this is what you'd be learning, did you? Hope you had a nice bottle or R&R, sans blooper, to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete